It is time for you to get some plumbing work in the house or place of business, but you just don’t know where to start as there are so many plumbers in the area, so where do you start? We came up with 10 tips to help you find a great plumber without getting scammed or paying ridiculous prices.
- Referrals – #1 way for businesses to get customers and best way for you to find a great plumber. Ask around. Someone for sure has had an issue.
- License – While it is nice to get your friend or neighbor to do it for a for six pack or something else, it is not the best choice. A license brings with it a confirmation that the person has skills and training to do the job and most likely will be around for a few years.
- Uniforms – Companies that take the time and have the pride in their work is key. I know it is simple, but it is the little things here that show professionalism.
- Customer Service – A company should treat the customer on the phone or in person as the last person they will ever meet. If you do not get that feeling. Go somewhere else.
- Estimates – This is huge. Get everything in writing after they have looked at the problem. You do not want a nasty surprise when the bill is delivered.
- Insurance – Make sure they are insured if anything happens during the work. Accidents will be paid for then.
- Emergency Services – This is not a deal breaker, but it is nice to know that they offer it. Some do it only for existing customers.
- On time – Nobody likes to sit around and wait for anybody, but when you are paying money for something, you expect to be on time. As long as they are in contact with you if they are late, that is fine, but several hours is a no go.
- Warranty – Ask if the work has a warranty. If not, they do not stand behind their work.
- Reviews – Read what others say about the business. It gives great insight into how they run. Even on negative reviews, if they take the time to answer them and it sounds sincere, it is good. You can’t make everybody happy.
MPT Plumbing is the leading company in maintaining, repairing, and replacing any plumbing issue our customers may have in their home or office. Call us today!